Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Support > General Health

General Health Discussion area for Health topics

Old 05-29-2018, 06:00 AM   #1
msmith
Lurker

msmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Periodontal disease due to smoking..

Hello Everyone, I just want to share the experiences I had when I was a chain smoker. I started smoking from my early 20's. From my childhood itself, I lost my parents. I was always alone and had no one to guide me. So my lifestyle changed a lot and I became an addict to alcohol and tobacco. Now I am 40 and a mother of two. But I continue my habits. My husband always fights with me because of this. I tried a lot to stop smoking, but my work pressure and my feelings about my parents always attract me to tobacco. Because of this high tobacco consumption, my teeth have got yellowish. One day, my younger son refused to come outside with me. When I asked him about the reason, he told me that he is ashamed to come outside with me because of my yellow teeth and bad breath. What he told is right. That day itself, I went to consult the dental professionals in High Park. The dentist diagnosed me with periodontal disease. My gums were infected. The dentist told me to avoid tobacco which was the best way to avoid my problem. Treatments are going on and good improvements are shown. This is to inspire everyone who is thinking to quit smoking...
msmith is offline   Reply With Quote