Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > General > Member Involvement

Member Involvement An open forum for members and regulars to discuss administrative and policy issues.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:00 AM   #1
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
UK Guild House opening soon!

I am pretty confident that I have managed to secure a permanent HQ for Psion visitors to the UK.

Watch this space, it needs a fair bit of work doing but it's pretty sound underneath.

Basic rules are;-

1) 3 days and nights (72 hours from time of entry) free lodging for guests (limited space, dorm). After that, you must seek alternative space.

2) Further rules to be finalized, but the golden rule is - RESPECT.

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:31 PM   #2
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

2 other black and white rules established as "Tell no lies" and "Fear no evil".

Everything else is a grey area, although "All Terms and Conditions Apply" is the other golden rule (check what you signed up for if you registered here).

Please excuse me, I've got to get busy with a mop, and my paperwork looks like a baglady's bed. Got a lot of sorting out to do. I'll get back to you when it's all looking good.

Old 09-17-2017, 10:54 PM   #3
Daimon
Head of the Defense Department

Daimon has a spectacular aura aboutDaimon has a spectacular aura aboutDaimon has a spectacular aura about
That's really cool Pat, keep us updated :)
Old 09-21-2017, 11:19 AM   #4
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Will do. So far still fixing up windows and basic security.

Old 11-04-2017, 11:16 PM   #5
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Hmmm... security is improving but still needs more depth and over redundancy. Location is something of a crime hotspot, but the curve on that is mostly historical, it's pretty quiet right now and a lot of redevelopment is nearing completion, so fingers crossed it won't be too scary. Lively, certainly, Nottingham is a magical place, and tins appen in da hood. You can't really get bored, it's like Ankh-Morpork or a variant anyway.

Guild house will have sleeping accomadation is designed to let a couple and one or two children have their own secure compound, separate space, own lock etc, totally private. I'm aiming to fit some psionic shielding along the lines of puharich, but basically you get your own private and secure space, family friendly. Just sleeping / dressing space, say 3 X 4 yards or so.

Shared bathroom, pretty basic, but at least secure and comfortable if not luxurious. Cameras in all public areas, internet access (VERY secure, I've been going online since 1985), Possibly evening couple mini security bots, converted kids toys that add a lot of character.

As it's ground floor, paraplegic and wheel chair access will be incorporated into the basic living space. Quadraplegics just won't fit around the corners, if your on a stretcher that might be a bit tricky, but watch this space... needs a ramp and some work to the doors, but quadraplegic stretcher cases should be doable.

Not all psions are able bodied, and it would be pointless to have a facility that was not disabled friendly as well as family / child friendy AND SAFE FOR ALL.

I can even make money renting the space out to the local Hospitals for patients needing a secure haven, so I'll be totally honest and say it's a money earner investment from my point of view.

I'm hoping to get it ready for June 2018, but it could take YEARS more. Don't expect an overnight result.

At least the man that sorts the garden knows his stuff. Got to get that guy some cash, but it's in the accounts at least... Also, you get squirrels, lotsadiffernt birds, and a 5 minute walk to the Trent river. So the location ha's got it's pluses bigtime too, and you can be in the shopping Malls and in minutes even on foot.

I suspect some of the local geometry is not just curved space time, but twisted and bent bits of spacetime, with pocket universes everywhere... it's kind of bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. A bit like a Tardis from Dr Who. :lol:

Last edited by Pat McDonald; 11-04-2017 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:54 PM   #6
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Been juggling with time frames...

... depends really on due process, so I can't give exact date.

In terms of TIME NEEDED to produce the facilities, should be ready by June 2018... that's what I'm aiming for, anyway.

Whether or not the court process can deliver in that time frame is another matter - and that depends on the speed of the High Court of England and Wales (Chancery Division).

They are not exactly known for their haste... but, I'll keep chipping away regardless.