Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Defense > Public defense department forum > Archive

Old 08-05-2009, 08:52 AM   #1
Ametur

Ametur is an unknown quantity at this point
Spirit Problem. Solutions would be welcome.

Ok, I'm unsure whether this thread should be here . . ..if its not then it can be moved to a more suitable place.

Anyway. A friend of mine has become caught up in some very heavy ....whats the word. ...magic? I'm unsure.
But what I do know is that she has sent some spirits to look over myself and another two of her close friends, for protection. They are called watchers, easily sensed, but they are invisible and I cant comunicate with them at all.

At first they did their job, but now another kind of spirit has begun tormenting them. Well, two kinds actually, there is a team of them, all working together. It consists of one Generator (a white spirit) who is feeding energy to six drainers (darker, shadow like ones.)

All the watchers attempts to kill them off has failed, all of the watchers have died in the process and now I'm being attacked by these . . ..things.

Sure, I have good defences . ..but its becoming increasingly difficult to ward them off ....any suggestgions as to how i can get rid of this spirit problem?
Old 08-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
There's more than one possible solution, but this one suggests itself to me;-

Find the people responsible and beat the living crap out of them.

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:44 PM   #3
mrco.gllrdo
Dead account :'(

mrco.gllrdo is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, you're doing a good job of not panicking lol. The best state to be in this type of situation is a calm, logical (no pun intended) manner. The obvious entity to attack first is the generator. If the generator goes away, the 6 other entities must then also go away for lack of energy. This is not necessarily true, but it's your best shot. If there is someone commanding the entities, going after them by yourself might not be the best idea. The leader might be pissed off even more, sending more entities after you (assuming they have more under control). My suggestion is to team up with your friends and try to fight off the entities. If the entities persist then send a request to the Defense Department. There's not much that we can do here.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:10 AM   #4
DemonIncubus
Rawr

DemonIncubus is an unknown quantity at this point
You should probably consult with the Defense and Support Departments of this organization in such a situation.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:06 AM   #5
Redregon
on a journey.

Redregon is an unknown quantity at this point
has it maybe been considered that sending guardian spirits to "kill" these other spirits may have made it as bad as it is?

yeah, combat is "cool" and all but is it really the only option that comes to mind?

trust me, 90% of the time, trying to destroy entities is the last thing you should consider. and for pete's sake, if you're a novice, that's only going to make things worse. (think "pea shooter" versus "gangbanger"... if you were the gangbanger, you'd get a bit pissed off too.)

i do hope, however, that your friend will learn from this. dabbling in summoning entities isn't something to be entered into lightly by any means.

Namaste
Old 08-12-2009, 04:56 PM   #6
Avkon

Avkon is an unknown quantity at this point
I second DemonIncubus. Trying to go after these entities personally will not only quite possibly result in you getting harmed somehow, but the resulting interaction might just as well attract the attention of a lot of other entities that are nearby.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:33 PM   #7
LupoXIII
Nonexistant

LupoXIII is an unknown quantity at this point
Well personally, I would be down for goin out and just beatin the livin crap outta any and everyone responsible... But hey. That's just how I do things.

Now for you, if they are really a serious nuisance, then I suggest that you destroy them from the inside out. First try and put some kind bait out there, something that they absolutely cannot resist and will draw out all of them. Now when you set your bait make sure to fill it up with all sorts of infectious and parasitic/vampiric constructs so that when they take it they become infected (kinda like std's). It also wouldn't be such a bad idea to put some sort of trace on them.... If you can, although its kinna tricky.

Okay. Now any questions or suggestions?
Old 08-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #8
Redregon
on a journey.

Redregon is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm, well, there are ways to create constructs that can circumvent those sorts of behaviors (and with adding in an AI programming bit, it'd be easier as well.)

diplomatic solutions aside, if i were to be in their position, if there was a person responsible for sending them out, i'd want to contact the person somehow (or maybe put a minor block or binding on them..) maybe even a small parasitic/viral construct that would kinda make their constructs and energies be repelled from interacting with my own. (think billions upon billions of microscopic constructs that act like magnets programmed with my own signature/energy... think about it. ) not programmed to cause problems as they would be teeming in their energetic field but programmed such that they'd remain there until i'd tell them to leave. if i wanted to be a bit more hardcore in "policing" them, i'd also consider putting in a minor TP peep that said something like "X has been a bad person." so if others scan them, they'd know why they're there.

Namaste
Old 08-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #9
ShadowRain

ShadowRain is an unknown quantity at this point
The Guild Defense and Support departments have a great deal of experience with this kind of thing and they would know the best (and wisest) course of action. Since they don't always read everything on the forums it would be best to contact them directly.

Contacts:
Firestorm, Daimon, or Drazak (defense)
Amaya, Nevyn, Solet, or Zhala (support)

Either PM them through the forum or sign onto IRC--sometimes they are online there as well, and can be private messaged. They should be able to either help or point you in the right direction.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:20 AM   #10
Ametur

Ametur is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you all for your suggestions.

Now, after four long months of research and exercise, I've found a solution.
I drained the generator and sent all the pent up energy to the summoner. The summoner didn't know what hit him! *snickers* And he still doesn't know it was me either!! He believes his spirits attacked him because I hadn't converted the generators energy to my own before I threw it at him.

That should be the last time I have this kind of spirit problem.

Thank you again.