Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Education > Newbie Questions

Newbie Questions This forum is for new members (or anyone, really) to ask "beginner" questions about anything psi-related.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:06 AM   #1
DarkLight2269

DarkLight2269 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question What can one do actually do with electro-pk?

I know we have all seen the movies and tv shows where people do some form of electro-pk and throw lightning and things of that nature but, I was wondering, What is actually possible?
Old 01-29-2018, 05:53 PM   #2
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road

Imagination has no limits, and quite frankly, it's quite incredible if you have an affinity with the old blue n white lighting magic... bearing in mind how much technology is around that uses it... and life forms have an electrical component too, for muscle control...

Don't ask for specifics, that would be me setting a limit, and so far I haven't really found any...

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 01:27 AM   #3
DarkLight2269

So, what are saying is that the only limit is your imagination? Wow, that is not what i was expecting (I was thinking that someone was going to say something like you can just charge phones or something like that) but nice to know. Now I have a little more motivation to practice and my imagination is already conjuring up the things I could do.

Thanks, DarkLight2269
Old 02-01-2018, 01:29 AM   #4
DarkLight2269

So, what are saying is that the only limit is your imagination? Wow, that is not what i was expecting (I was thinking that someone was going to say something like you can just charge phones or something like that) but nice to know. Now I have a little more motivation to practice and my imagination is already conjuring up the things I could do.

How do you suppose I go about starting to practicing/training for this?

Thanks, DarkLight2269
Old 02-05-2018, 03:37 PM   #5
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLight2269 View Post
So, what are saying is that the only limit is your imagination?
Well, that's the main limit to you TRYING to achieve an effect... but stuff like this is rarely testable.

For one thing, it's not just your imagination limiting things, it's also the imagination of the people / scientists testing you.

For another, the effect isn't like an electric current as such - more a case of external control over electric currents, em fields, etc etc etc.

So, in terms of scientific testabilitity for research / proof purposes, there are big issues to do with oberserver (the observers can change the result) as well as the sucker who agreed to be tested.

The scientific method just isn't applicable to one off events, ie miracles. So, I take a different approach. I work out an effect. I make a construct / thought form to achieve the effect, and set it in action.

Then I walk away. Either it's effective or it isn't, but the less other people know about it, the more effective it is likely to be. And sometimes I don't even need to walk away, sometimes I can work at distance, although that's usually more complex and difficult for me to set up properly.

Quote:
(I was thinking that someone was going to say something like you can just charge phones or something like that) but nice to know. Now I have a little more motivation to practice and my imagination is already conjuring up the things I could do.

Thanks, DarkLight2269
It's a lot easier to discharge them, ie draw their energy to you, than it is to push your energy to them.

Yeah, that's one place you start, but it's very easy to enter delusional territory with this stuff. Thinking you can do things ALL the time, that you are somehow able to ALWAYS BEAT THE GAME...

Psionics isn't like that. It's more of an extra gear, an extra tool in the tool box that you can use alongside all the other possible human skills. Useful, gives you options that you didn't know existed, but there are plenty of other options that don't use psionic or "willed manipulation" or whatever you want to call this effect.

Last edited by Pat McDonald; 02-05-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:19 PM   #6
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

psi seeker 34 is on a distinguished road
In principal it is possible. Your body is a mechanical as well as electrical machine, and psychic energy has an electrical component.

You may not be able to throw lighting bolts around. That would be incredibly destructive to your central nervous system, without artificial reinforcement. (Hence why mages use tools, wands staffs etc. )

But you may be able to generate static electricity enough to say remotely ignite a candle.

Modern science does allow us to cheat a little bit. A plasma ball would be a useful tool to train remote electricity control. Wifi signal is PK sensitive, if you watch the data rate. And there are novelty items that can give your body an electrostatic charge. (Just for funzies)

The biggest illusion in reality is that reality itself is an illusion. Reality itself is in fact not an illusion that is why we obey it's rules not the other way around.
psi seeker 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:25 PM   #7
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Quote:

Thanks, DarkLight2269[/QUOTE]

Thread subject is quite challenging... depends how you think about "electro" concept.

If you've dug deep enough to get the idea that electrons orbit nuclei, as in how atoms behave, then you begin to get an insight into how "solid matter" feels solid... because all the electrons orbiting around one atom will typically repel the orbits going around a different nucleus that is close enough to it...

... Further, if you also get the idea of how photons and related EM are released by an electron "spinning down" from a higher orbit to a lower orbit... and that a photon "at rest" has no mass, as opposed to having a velocity of light speed...

... then if a photon "spontaneously" loses all its velocity and enters a state "at rest", then momentum of that suddenly stopped particle has to go somewhere. Probably it spontaneously forms the electron or other subatomic mass close to it's "at rest" position...

... so yeah, that's at the tiny subatomic level. Some psions report affinity with electronic devices, not just in how full or empty the battery is... but also with whether it's broken or operational or not.

Love your computer and treat it with respect, it keeps working. Hate it and it stops working... Not just physical damage, actual disprespect or audible "negative thought or feeling" can permanently damage equipment, depending on your power output, emotional state at the time.

Damaging is easy. Using the same effect to repair is not so easy, although logically, those best at fixing PCs are the people that Love them!

Same with fixing or damaging people... because carbon based life is mostly down to molecules, nerve endings, chemical reactions etc, which are based around "electro" concept.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:19 PM   #8
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

psi seeker 34 is on a distinguished road
PK isn't an ability I personally possess so I honestly couldn't tell you. I can tell you that it breaks all the rules. You can develop PK without ever training other psychic abilities and psychic training doesn't make learning PK any easier.

The best explanation for PK I have seen so far, actually comes from a christian resource. A book called "he came to set the captives free" which follows the life of someone who grew up in the deep occult, and escaped.

The biggest illusion in reality is that reality itself is an illusion. Reality itself is in fact not an illusion that is why we obey it's rules not the other way around.
psi seeker 34 is offline   Reply With Quote