Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Support > Support Discussions

Support Discussions This is where the Support Department policies shall go, as well as general discussions of and relating to the department and support of the psionic community that doesnt fit anywhere else in the Support forum.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:10 AM   #1
Orz
*Finger*

Orz is an unknown quantity at this point
I think I need some help.

Hi all. I don't know if this site/forum is still active, however if it is I need a hand.

I've played with psi manipulation off and on for years, nothing much, just basic construct stuff like Pog described, and none too good at that. I always seem to be coming up with new theories about how things should work more than practicing. And things aren't helped by my distinct lack of sensitivity.

However a while ago, like, I don't know, almost a year now, I made a concerted effort to remedy that lack of sensitivity, focusing on the "third eye" area a lot and playing with strongly pushing energy up into the head and expanding it out, and also with drawing it down from the top of the head. This got more results than most things I'd tried, as in it hurt a bit. Yes, I'm an idiot.

It started as fairly strong sensation of pressure in the top of the head, and since that's more of a result than I got from most techniques I was encouraged, even if it was rather uncomfortable. I continued pulling down from the top of the head over a few days, and the sensation spread to encompass my scalp down to the eyes - a sort of pressure as though my head was being pushed on from all sides by a vise padded in pillows.

Then there came a sensation as though a channel or tendril was reaching down on either side of the head, just outside of the eyes, and down into the cheek/side of the nose, sometimes reaching into the neck.

And, well, that's where things still are almost a year later, only a lot stronger and more anoying. A constant uncomfortable sensation of pressure on the whole top of the head, and a strong spot sensation of pressure in the area of the eyebrows and just out from the eyes, and a sensation of creepy crawlies and slowly moving tendrils down either side of the nose and in the cheeks.

Oh yes, and it gets hard to think at times. Like the pressure is interfering with my thoughts or something. It only EVER goes away completely when I'm asleep or almost asleep. And when I'm almost asleep is also the only time when I feel like I can think clearly.

I've tried everything I can to fix it. My best attempt at grounding (pathetic), trying to shield (slightly less pathetic I feel), running energy through my head every which way, a whole boatload of theories on what exactly is wrong -- none of it helps.

The only thing in the past at all similar is that a few years ago I had the bright idea that I was going to draw energy in and store it in the heart area. A week or two of constant heart palpitations later it seemed like I was able to establish a "smooth flow" of energy through the area and the palpitations stopped. Since then I've avoided keeping concentrations of energy in that area and haven't had a recurrence of THAT problem. But I can't seem to fix my fricken head!

I notice that one of the guild articles makes a distinction between "life energy" and "psi energy," calling psi energy light and statikcy and life energy thick and heavy. A long time ago I think I may have sort of dismissed the "light and staticky" stuff as random biofeedback interference/ nerve firing, and decided to concentrate on the thick heavy stuff as the real thing. That might have been a slight mistake. I don't know.
Of course, I'm always coming up with new theories.

Can anyone help?
Orz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:09 AM   #2
Leesajohnson

Leesajohnson is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi there, Can you explain it in short?
Old 06-09-2017, 02:25 PM   #3
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orz View Post
However a while ago, like, I don't know, almost a year now, I made a concerted effort to remedy that lack of sensitivity, focusing on the "third eye" area a lot and playing with strongly pushing energy up into the head and expanding it out, and also with drawing it down from the top of the head. This got more results than most things I'd tried, as in it hurt a bit. Yes, I'm an idiot.

It started as fairly strong sensation of pressure in the top of the head, and since that's more of a result than I got from most techniques I was encouraged, even if it was rather uncomfortable. I continued pulling down from the top of the head over a few days, and the sensation spread to encompass my scalp down to the eyes - a sort of pressure as though my head was being pushed on from all sides by a vise padded in pillows.

Then there came a sensation as though a channel or tendril was reaching down on either side of the head, just outside of the eyes, and down into the cheek/side of the nose, sometimes reaching into the neck.

And, well, that's where things still are almost a year later, only a lot stronger and more anoying. A constant uncomfortable sensation of pressure on the whole top of the head, and a strong spot sensation of pressure in the area of the eyebrows and just out from the eyes...
Hmmm... yes, although it's been a while since I really had distress from that sort of sensation. Maybe 15 years? It can still happen, but not with original sensitivity.

It was a bit like... I don't know. Invisible dreadlocks? Having a sensation of touching and movement around the head/neck area.

As I'm nearly hairless now, it was very distracting. I just kind of put it down to some kind of Identity feedback, a kind of hidden vision of who I felt like.

I actually made ended up making a joke out of it, and several places on the web I'm noted as "An undercover operative for the Rastafarian Navy."

RN is fictional, appearing as a remark in William Gibson's Neuromancer novel.

As to what's causing it, or how you deal with it, I don't know. And the usual disclaimer about it being symptomatic of physical illness or disease, or maybe just damage from an old injury, is the first thing I'd say - get it checked professionally.

There is also issue of sinus / internal pressure causing feelings and sensations when air pressure goes up and down with the weather. More headaches in hot weather, some relief at rain, can point at high bloody pressure or just blocked sinus or other minor ears / nose / throat issue.

I had a lot of ear and throat infections as a child, they can hurt. Tooth problems can cause and aggravate those sort of sensations.

Assuming it is more of a mental or emotional oddity rather than a physical caused issue... Maybe think of it as a psychic caress from someone?

Or a sort of "trophy", as it were, of part of your history / cultural heritage.

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote