Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Media > Psionics in the News

Psionics in the News News articles from papers, magazines, etc...if you find something interesting in the news that is related to psi, post it here.

View Poll Results: Do you thinked we're all screwed sensless?????
Unfortunetly, yeah, we are totally [email protected]*#&$(Sorry for the language, kinda upset about this) 20 20.41%
Yes 4 4.08%
Maybe 25 25.51%
no 44 44.90%
No Way, the goverment wouldn't do that to us!!!!(Rane: Even though you know we are) 5 5.10%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2009, 12:14 PM   #31
WingedPower
Writer of Psionic Things

WingedPower is an unknown quantity at this point
Old hat, literally. Doesn't read minds... Too primitive.

Gundam's tech is the psycoframe. Macross's is the thinking cap. Dual! Is the life force sphere. (.)Hack//sign has the nerual visors. Etc. Etc.

Microwave induction is possible for transmit, but reception is not possible.

Reception is currently possible for physical keyboards, lcd and crt screens via remote directional antennae. I forget the name of that project, but plenty of cool stuff.

As for needing to go through proxies.. Forget it. You're just wasting your time. The beast is hungry and it devours all that flows through the ethers.

Private companies have headsets with programming that claims to read emotions, but seriously, same problems: physical access+conduction+profile tuning required.

Run a tesla coil or just keep a modern cellphone nearby that's accepting or transmitting, and neural signals get fubared.

I would actually be easier to drug someone, surgically implant a transciever into their skull, and monitor them through recorded sub-vocalized throughts and vocalized thoughts.

But, hey, why go through all of that bs when you can just buy access to the databases containing your communication/shopping/access records?

Sometimes, old and simple techniques and channels are the easiest to leverage... And the most covert... Because they are in plain sight.

Wp.
WingedPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:45 AM   #32
VampiricKody
Nabcake For Life! :)

VampiricKody is an unknown quantity at this point
if this is true then to the whole telepathy side of the psionics community WE'RE ALL USELSS I TELL YOU MUTHER F-ERS WE'RE USELESSSSS DX
Also I'd hope that by the time something like this actually came out, there would be laws against mind reading. Not to mention the fact that if the wrong person had access to this, they could....let's not even go there.
VampiricKody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:13 AM   #33
brenayz

brenayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Man there would be no point in learning telepathy if that happened. A telepathic psion would be no different than a non with a mind reading computer. Oh and kody are you a real vampire like daimon.
brenayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:35 AM   #34
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

NoMad is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm, I doubt anyone will ever create tech that matches the power of a well trained and advanced telepath.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:53 PM   #35
Empathy Born

Empathy Born is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, even if it could somehow read, tere wouldn't be the deep kind of things a telepath would get, just jumbled thoughts, hard to focus and TPS would be another battle entirely.

:CLICK ON THIS LINK
http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11086514

A fun game

You know the drill.
Empathy Born is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:07 PM   #36
Jklp44
~HMS~

Jklp44 is an unknown quantity at this point
I read somewhere that it doesnt technically read youre mind. it just feels what youre mind wants. let me explain: when the brain is used it produces electricity in certain areas of the brain. All that they are doing is figuring out how to decipherr these products and sue them. it works on people who are paralyzed to be able to communicate through a computer, by typing. its all about brain electrons but i dont think that it could tell you what you did a year ago. its just not that advanced nor is it advanced enough for long range, AKA spying in homes to sniff out threats etc.
=]
Thanks
Jklp44

"I' ve noticed more people are existing lately. Its as if the population is going up." – Andy Roony XD

Jklp44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:05 PM   #37
Cybal
Traveller Between Worlds

Cybal is an unknown quantity at this point
I have heard of police psychologists using this to pick out pedophiles. It's all about refining the technology now.
Cybal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:21 AM   #38
VampiricKody
Nabcake For Life! :)

VampiricKody is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenayz View Post
kody are you a real vampire like daimon.
To be completely honest, I'm still debating that. I don't think I am tho :3
VampiricKody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:57 AM   #39
Cybal
Traveller Between Worlds

Cybal is an unknown quantity at this point
And I saw some uses in Japan where the machine can reproduce what you are seeing, like letters and numbers. But I don't know if it works on your inner eye also (I mean what you imagine in your head). I think it would be fun to play with.
Cybal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:25 AM   #40
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

psi seeker 34 is on a distinguished road
Right now what the government has is still in the (amuseing toy for geeks) phase like
computers were 20 give or take a few years ago.

The biggest illusion in reality is that reality itself is an illusion. Reality itself is in fact not an illusion that is why we obey it's rules not the other way around.
psi seeker 34 is offline   Reply With Quote