Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Education > Newbie Questions

Newbie Questions This forum is for new members (or anyone, really) to ask "beginner" questions about anything psi-related.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
IronUr
Oath Breaker

IronUr is an unknown quantity at this point
telepathic transfer or mental interference.

Ok so, I'm a student of personal/animal magnetism. (aka mental influence)

I study this for many reasons, mainly I do so because I often deal with people telling me how they "feel" about things and expressing negative emotion and the like towards me there is often nothing to convince them other wise.

I have a exellent book on the matter that teaches me everything i need to know.

anyway, here is my issue, though I have had some success in certain areas of mental influence. other areas have...no nessisarliy back fired but...

here is an example. my mother wants me to do landscaping projects for her but she complains about the way I do them, to which I say to my self

"we just need to get everyone out here and work on these projects one at a time THEN move on the the next one"

"If you don't like the way I do it, Hire someone and pay them for the mateirals!"

days later, even though I've never said anything to her like this, she ends up repeating what I say, NOW she my uncle and my granmother are all working together on the project insted of just me.

I know that I mentally influence her but I don't get why is was that... I never intended to influence her that way

PS is anyone else here does, telepathy or personal/ animal magnetism please conntact me
IronUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
It's nothing amazing. Just depends on level of consciousness, level of worries (anxiety), wants and desires.

Projects like this rarely go "to plan". Best if everybody has a bit of input.

Ideally, everyone gets to see if they can recognise any snags or pitfalls. If you avoid snags and pitfalls, things turn out easier.

If ALL you can see are snags or pitfalls, the project never even gets started.

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
brantcoyle

brantcoyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok I am going to ignore everthing you said (for a reason) and tell you what I think. There is a type of esp out there that some peoplen refer to as empathy. Women seem to have this more than men. Its less about being right and more about how everybody feels about the situation. What you are saying is triggering mistrust in your mom. You probably should restrict your opinions to one every minute and listen the rest of the time. They they will think you care about their opinions and feel better about you.
brantcoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:28 PM   #4
IronUr
Oath Breaker

first my question was nothing about a project that was just an example.

another one would be, I was playing a online game and wanted to ask another caster (we were both mages with different stats builds) what his damage output was. I just thought of the question in my head but never typed it out and asked him

mere moments later he just said "I do XXXXX damage every hit" and NOONE asked him his damage output, he just said it.

that was a case where similar to what im talking about, I never tried to use telepathy on him. I know its happening but im not 100% sure why it's happening.

and second, the concept of "women being more empathetic then men is, in fact, highly bias. I'm a guy and Im very empathetic. I can feel others feelings and others pain in my body.

'ignoring' what i said for whatever reason...she has these same issues with my gran mother and my stepfather and other people as well. she's just bottled down with negative believes.

and fyi, in many cases i do just listen and withhold mey opinon, she doesn't really give me a choice. even when i do empathize with her she starts going mad and acting like the intire world is againest her, but we're not talking about my mom or my projects here. just telepathy
Old 05-06-2011, 11:56 PM   #5
brantcoyle

Guessing damage output in a game is more of a math related problem then telepathy. Its not even really hard math. I know. Try to guess what I thought when I read your last post. It helps to read things over to get an idea of how you come across.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:49 AM   #6
ShadowRain

ShadowRain is an unknown quantity at this point
brantcoyle, from what I can tell, you've completely misunderstood him... twice.

ShadowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:53 AM   #7
brantcoyle

Hmm, Ok then. Look at your frequent misspellings and weird turns of words. Then examine the reasons your mothers behavior. I just watched a movie called mercury rising and it deals with this very subject. You want something verifiable. Finding patterns is a good start.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:39 AM   #8
ShadowRain

ShadowRain is an unknown quantity at this point
brantcoyle, you're still making no sense.

IronUr: it's possible to use telepathy without meaning to, or without even realizing you're doing it. Other people may pick up on those thoughts without realizing it and either think they were their own ideas (in the case of your mother) or think that you had spoken outloud and then respond (possibly the case of your friend, though I don't know how that would work with typing). In the case of the project with your mother, your frustration and mental rehearsal of what you would have liked to tell her may have "boosted" your mental projection of it.

ShadowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:32 AM   #9
IronUr
Oath Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRain View Post
brantcoyle, you're still making no sense.

IronUr: it's possible to use telepathy without meaning to, or without even realizing you're doing it. Other people may pick up on those thoughts without realizing it and either think they were their own ideas (in the case of your mother) or think that you had spoken outloud and then respond (possibly the case of your friend, though I don't know how that would work with typing). In the case of the project with your mother, your frustration and mental rehearsal of what you would have liked to tell her may have "boosted" your mental projection of it.

I read that in the book "art and science of personal magnetim" it was in 'magnetic currents chapter' how you can influnce a person even though they area outside your 'aura' even long distances away.

so I think your right about that.

@brantcoyle: my spelling/typing is nothing i pride myself on, I often don't talk much and only my closest freinds understand what I mean. so it's understandable

btw anyoen who wants to read the book I'm reading its at PSITEK.net art and science of personal megnetim, its a free read.

@ShadowRain: do you know of anyway that can prevent unconcious projections like that? I often see more people being influcned indirectly then directly

I need more practice...
Old 05-08-2011, 12:42 AM   #10
Golden Psi

Golden Psi is an unknown quantity at this point
Make yourself a sheild with the intention of blocking outward projections.